Hawaiian B Natural Farms, Inc.
Growing tomatoes and more on the Hamakua Coast
We are a husband-and-wife team that has gardened sustainably together for over twenty years. In 2008, we founded Hawaiian B Natural Farms in Honokaa to share our passion for high-quality, naturally produced food with our neighbors on the Hamakua Coast and with the greater Hawaiian community.
WHAT WE DO
Actually, we allow the natural bounty of Hawaiian sunshine and rain to do most of our work for us. Using the very latest in hydroponic and greenhouse horticultural technologies, we collaborate with Nature to produce the most flavorful, freshest tomatoes and peppers for consumption by families and restaurants on and beyond the Big Island. We also do small-scale produce studies in our research gardens, and we can custom-grow varieties on demand for our valued clients.
HOW WE DO IT
· We grow YEAR-ROUND: Our farms comprise both open fields and greenhouse bays so that we can grow year-round. This ensures that we can supply fresh and flavorful produce regardless of local weather conditions.
· We grow SUSTAINABLY: Our greenhouses have specially-designed roofs that catch rainwater so that we can grow environmentally friendly and keep our municipal water usage levels low. We also rotate and cycle the crops in our bays and fields.
· We grow NATURALLY: To avoid the constant use of sprays to control pests like white fly, thrips and nematodes, we chose to go the low-tech, non-chemical route by fully enclosing our greenhouses.
· We grow LOCALLY: We are your neighbors, and, like you, we care about the quality of our food and of our local economy.
· We GUARANTEE our produce: All of our products are backed by our “Fresh Garden” guarantee.
If you would like product and pricing information, or if you would like to find out about our custom crop programs for schools, hospitals, restaurants and resorts, please contact us. We also welcome more technical questions about our state-of-the-art hydroponic and greenhouse practices.
Please ask us what we can grow for you!
Lance and Susan Hamilton
Owners and Operators
Chief Veggie Officers